A Message From Our Co-Founders
Dear Cru Family,
Getting to participate in Cru19 and give back to a ministry that has done so much to shape and equip us is an honor.
Talks like the one we gave this week are just part of the work we do equipping the church for faithful mission in a polarized age. If you’re interested in learning more about our work—including the exclusive Cru19 discount on our upcoming training manual on leading public prayer—we’d love to hear from you.
Thank you for letting us encourage you,
Rick and Danny
Contact Rick and Danny
Learn More about Christian Civics
At a conference in Memphis last year, Rick and Danny recorded an extensive oral history of our ministry, covering their spiritual testimonies, their professional political experience, and why two political opponents committed to serving the church together. It’s not something we typically make publicly available, but we want to share it with our Cru family, and you can listen to it below. And if you’d like to hear more from our ministry, you can learn more about our vision and our work by checking out our blog and our podcast!
Miss the seminar? Just want to refresh yourself on the main points? The main outline from the slideshow is below!
The Christian Civics Approach
Why care about political diversity?
- …allows us to welcome our neighbors.
- …enables us to see Christ more clearly.
- …proves that the gospel is true.
Prayer is our first resort
The wrong way to pray
A program for prayer
Step One: Copy Paul
- Romans 1:8–10
- 1 Corinthians 1:4–9
- Ephesians 1:15–20
- Philippians 1:3–6
- Philippians 1:9–11
- Colossians 1:3–14
In each of these prayers, Paul repeats five themes. He prays…
- …for their faith.
- …for/about the desire to support them in prayer.
- …for grace and holiness to abound in them.
- …that they would be filled with Jesus’ presence and power.
- …for their lives to bring glory to Christ.
Step Two: Identify Common Principles
Step Three: Confession and Correction
- Focused intervention for Christian communities experiencing intense political division.
- General introductions to a shared foundation and language for understanding the public square and enthusiasm about multi-partisan fellowship.
- Training for ministry teams on effective, gospel-centered ministry in a polarized climate. (Includes theological foundations, practical applications, and professional/pastoral considerations.)
- Workshops for political professionals and activists on navigating the specific spiritual and relational challenges of working in the public square.
- Seminars and semester-long classes for seminary students diving deeper into the history of Christian political engagement, contemporary challenges, and professional skills required to navigate them well.
If you are interested in learning more about these seminars or bringing one to your campus, ministry team or other venue, fill out the contact form at the top of this page.